The Martins family are optimistic dreamers, quietly leading their lives in the margins of a major Brazilian city following the disappointing inauguration of a far-right extremist president. A lower-middle-class Black family, they feel the strain of their new reality as the political dust settles. Tércia, the mother, reinterprets her world after an unexpected encounter leaves her wondering if she’s cursed. Her husband, Wellington, puts all of his hopes into the soccer career of their son, Deivinho, who reluctantly follows his father’s ambitions despite secretly aspiring to study astrophysics and colonize Mars. Meanwhile, their older daughter, Eunice, falls in love with a free-spirited young woman and ponders whether it’s time to leave home.
This content can only be viewed in authorized regions: PA.
- Runtime: 115 minutes
- Language: Portuguese
- Cast: Rejane Faria, Carlos Francisco, Camilla Damião
- Cinematographer: Leonardo Feliciano
- Director: Gabriel Martins
- Editor: Gabriel Martins, Thiago Ricarte
- Executive Producer: Thiago Macedo Correia
- Production Design: Rimenna Procópio
- Screenwriter: Gabriel Martins
- Premiere: Philadelphia