When a group of people with disabilities in Bolivia unite in protest for a pension, they never imagined what was to come. Trekking the Andes in their wheelchairs, they’re forced to confront a government that tries to silence them and a society indifferent to their struggle. La Lucha is a tribute to all those who fight for change.
All Access pass holders receive complimentary entry with their pass. Please arrive at the theatre at least 15 minutes before showtime to secure your seat.
- Filmmaker, Creative Technologist, Writer, Artist
- First Quechua member of the Oscars
- Award-winning documentaries: La Lucha (BlackStar, ITVS), Cocaine Prison (Toronto, Amazon, PBS), The Fight (The Guardian), The Bolivian Case (Hot Docs), Stolen (Toronto)
- Interactive VR animation: Prison X (Sundance & Cannes XR)
- Co-founder of unitednotions.film and koa.xyz
- XR Lab co-designer and mentor: Expylab in Paraguay (one of 10 winners of Meta’s Metaverse
Communities Challenge 2023)
- Metaverse gallery: KOA.xyz (winner at Yale Center for architecture)
- AI-based post-photography: Las Awichas Exhibition (Dall-E/OpenAI fellowship)
- 50+ film awards
- Interactive keynotes on film futurism: MIT, Berlinale, Forum Des iMages (Paris), AIDC
(Melbourne), Diplomado de Mujeres Creando UMSA/UNAM (La Paz).
- Year: 2023
- Runtime: 89 minutes
- Country: Australia, US, Bolivia
- Language: Spanish, Quechua
- Director: Violeta Ayala
- Premiere: World