In a reimagined future, the King of a Nigerian village passes. The Kingmakers consult with traditional Gods and Ayo, an unsuspecting young man from Southeast London is selected as the new Oba. Ayo is plunged into a surreal journey of reconnection and discovery as he ascends to the throne.
Femi Ladi is a British Nigerian director who has a talent for subtle storytelling, his films take the everyday human experience and make it sublime. He lives and works a lot with working-class communities and those from the most underrepresented of communities.
- Year: 2022
- Runtime: 11 minutes
- Country: UK
- Language: English
- Director: Femi Ladi
- Cinematographer: Stefan Yap
- Composer: Ife Lati, Dominique Chambers, Alex Adetiba
- Editor: Hasani Franke
- Executive Producer: Stephen Ledger-Lomas, Helen Rhodes, Scott O’Donnell
- Producer: Ray Okudzeto
- Production Design: Jakob Gierse
- Sound Design: Jack Hallett
- Cast: Samuel Adewunmi, Funke Adelige, Philips Nortey, Richard Olátúndé Baker
- Premiere: Philadelphia