The Truth About Alvert, the Last Dodo (La Vérité sur Alvert, le Dernier Dodo)
On Réunion Island, little Lunet and his grandfather Dadabé set out on a quest to turn a chicken into a dodo bird, whose magic feathers might save the sick mother of the kid.
Nathan Clement (2002. Reunion) is a French filmmaker and musician. He studied cinema in Switzerland at HEAD-Genève, where he made La promenade sous les Arbres, and Max et les Étranges. He graduated in 2022 with his diploma film La vérité sur Alvert, le dernier dodo set on his home island. In July 2021 he was among eight young talents mentored by Samuel Ross, as part of the Dazed x Converse Open to Change program.
- Year: 2022
- Runtime: 15 minutes
- Country: Switzerland, Reunion
- Language: Réunion Creole
- Director: Nathan Clement
- Cast: Arnaud Dousse, Georges ‘Zyz’ Razafintsotra, Morgane Dousse, Laurence Garsany, Emmanuelle Nédelec, Louise
- Cinematographer: Nathan Clement
- Composer: Georges ‘Zyz’ Razafintsotra
- Editor: Emilio Anatriello
- Producer: Daniel Schweizer
- Screenwriter: Nathan Clement
- Premiere: Philadelphia