These internships are designed to give students and emerging professionals insight into programming for an international film festival. Interns will assist programmers overseeing our six submission categories (Experimental, Music Video, Short Documentary, Feature Documentary, Short Narrative, and Feature Narrative) with all aspects of the programming process. Major responsibilities include screening submissions and detailed film evaluation via our online submission platform FilmFreeway. Interns will have access to private filmworks and must keep everything confidential. Flexible hours, at least 20 hours per week. The dates of this internship are from January 20 to April 7. For your time and work, BlackStar can offer college credit or a small stipend, and upon successful completion of internship, a BlackStar 2021 festival pass.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of and interest in film and media
- Good writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer
- Foreign language ability desirable
Apply by Monday December 7.