Public Relations Intern
The Public Relations Intern will assist with multiple communications projects that include writing press releases, coordinating interviews, and creating press clips for media kits. Length of internship is negotiable, but ideally beginning May 15th through August 30th.
The Public Relations Intern is responsible for assisting the Communications Consultant and Marketing Manager in implementing BlackStar Film Festival’s overall communications strategy and executing local and national media outreach to promote and generate favorable media coverage surrounding programming for the 2017 BlackStar Film Festival. The PR Intern must have excellent grammar skills, a friendly personality and solid knowledge of the festival.
- Assist with writing press releases and other press communications
- Organize ticket requests and event invitations for press
- Screen and respond to inquiries for PR materials and interviews
- Assist in identifying and tracking opportunities for print, online, and broadcast media
- Assist in managing filmmaker and talent interview calendar
- Compile and archive press clippings and media mentions
- Update media contacts
- Attend special events and help with talent and filmmaker check-in
- Analyze data and create fact sheets for interested parties (popular e-blasts, magazine features, social media mentions, etc.
- Coordinate press check in during the festival
- Ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage details and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate accountability
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with local media landscape and publications
- Exemplary research skills
- Comfort with communicating professionally over the phone and email
- Flexibility to work events and screenings outside of regular office hours, as needed.