VIDEOGRAPHER – LEAD
BlackStar Film Festival is an annual celebration of the visual and storytelling traditions of the African diaspora and of global communities of color, showcasing films by Black, Brown and Indigenous people from around the world.
BlackStar is seeking a VIDEOGRAPHER – LEAD to lead the videography team and capture in-person events during the 2024 festival season. This role reports to the Creative Director and Technical Producer.
- Films and edits various items for the festival including behind-the-scenes prep, trailer, awards reels, and overall recap
- Attends daily morning all-staff meetings during the festival
- Strong technical skills and experience with event videography.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with members of the press, artists, audiences, colleagues, and stakeholders with positivity and professionalism.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to act quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation & Schedule:
Compensation is $3,000 for administrative duties, meetings, and festival work. This is a contracted position working July 10, 2024 to August 6, 2024, with some evenings and weekends required. This is a hybrid (remote and in-person) position with online meetings through June and July, and requires in-person attendance at the festival from August 1-4, 2024. The individual in this role is expected to work approximately 5 hours per week before the festival, 40 hours total during the festival, and 10 hours total after the festival. Preference is for Philadelphia-area candidates.
How to Apply:
Fill out this job application form by March 8, and include your resume and cover letter. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have questions about this position, email [email protected] with the subject line: Videographer – Lead.
*We require all festival staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (which means, at minimum, two shots of Moderna or Pfizer).
BlackStar is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.