VIRTUAL FESTIVAL COORDINATOR
BlackStar Film Festival is an annual celebration of the visual and storytelling traditions of the African diaspora and of global communities of color, showcasing films by Black, Brown and Indigenous people from around the world.
BlackStar is seeking a VIRTUAL FESTIVAL COORDINATOR to project manage BlackStar Film Festival virtual festival experience. This role reports to the Chief Communications Officer and the Technical Producer.
- Troubleshoots media issues on the virtual platform, Eventive, to maintain a timely schedule of programming.
- Serves as virtual box office coordinator, handling queries about virtual ticketing and troubleshooting glitches.
- Assures the deliverables that make the virtual festival possible come in a timely fashion, and testing and quality assurance of all media in advance of the festival.
- Ensures captions and audio description files are working properly for a positive accessible experience.
- Organizes this year’s selections into their designated programs and ensures geoblocks are put in place (pre-festival).
- Maintains a friendly, knowledgeable, and professional attitude to promote a positive festival experience.
- Attends daily morning all-staff meetings during the festival.
- Strong technical skills.
- Working knowledge of Eventive platform.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with artists, audiences, colleagues, and stakeholders with positivity and professionalism.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to act quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation & Schedule:
Compensation is $4,500 for administrative duties, meetings, and festival work. This is a contracted position working May 22, 2024 to August 6, 2024, with some evenings and weekends required. Candidates are expected to attend the festival in-person from August 1-4, 2024. The individual in this role is expected to work approximately 10 hours per week before the festival, 40 hours total during the festival, and 1 hour total after the festival. Preference for Philadelphia-area candidates. Candidates should have their own laptop.
How to Apply:
Fill out this job application form by March 8, and include your resume and cover letter. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have questions about this position, email [email protected] with the subject line: Virtual Festival Coordinator.
*We require all festival staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (which means, at minimum, two shots of Moderna or Pfizer.
BlackStar is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.