Invisible Beauty is a moving portrait of former model, agent, and activist Bethann Hardison. Directors Hardison and Frédéric Tcheng construct an original and uniquely intimate exploration of a life well lived and shine a light on an untold chapter in the fight for diversity and representation.
All Access pass holders receive complimentary entry with their pass. Please arrive at the theatre at least 15 minutes before showtime to secure your seat.
Advocate, model, and muse—with a career spanning over five decades, Bethann Hardison has gone from working in NYC’s Garment District to founding her namesake agency where she guided the careers of some of the most prominent models in the world. In 1988, she founded the Black Girls Coalition, and in 2013, she spearheaded the launch of the Diversity Coalition sparking an industry-wide movement for diversity and inclusion. In recognition of her decades of advocacy work, Bethann received the CFDA’s Founder’s Award in 2014. She currently serves on the CFDA’s Board of Directors and as Gucci’s Executive Advisor for Global Equity and Cultural Engagement.
Frédéric Tcheng is a French-born filmmaker based in Brooklyn, New York. His films have premiered in Venice, Toronto, Sundance, Telluride, CPH:Dox and Tribeca. His most recent film INVISIBLE BEAUTY was co-directed with pioneering model and activist Bethann Hardison. In 2019, Frédéric directed the documentary HALSTON, a CNN Films production and Amazon Original. His award-winning directorial debut DIOR AND I was released in 2015 by The Orchard. Previously, Frédéric had served as the co-director of the 2011 acclaimed documentary DIANA VREELAND: THE EYE HAS TO TRAVEL, which the New York Times called “dizzily enjoyable.”
- Year: 2023
- Runtime: 114 minutes
- Country: United States
- Language: English
- Cast: Tyson Beckford, Stephen Burrows, Pat Cleveland, Robin Givhan, Whoopi Goldberg, Bethann Hardison, Kadeem Hardison, Iman, Ralph Lauren, Fran Lebowitz, Tracee Ellis Ross, Veronica Webb, Zendaya
- Cinematographer: Mia Cioffi Henry, Frédéric Tcheng
- Co Producer: Paul Dallas
- Director: Bethann Hardison and Frédéric Tcheng
- Editor: Chris McNabb, Frédéric Tcheng
- Executive Producer: Hallee Adelman, John Boccardo, Derek Esplin, Ivy Herman, Rick Rosenthal, Nancy Stephens, Andrea Van Buren
- Music: Marc Anthony Thompson
- Producer: Lisa Cortés
- Premiere: Philadelphia