- Closed captions online
- Trigger warning: Flashing lights
Filmmaker Tomas Ponsteen was adopted from Brazil and does not feel the need to search for his biological mother. Since revelations about adoption abuses, he wonders to what extent his choice not to search is without obligation.
Tomas Ponsteen (São Paulo,1993) graduated from the Netherlands Film Academy as a documentary director. His documentary Filho won the VPRO Documentary Award at the Keep an Eye Film Festival and at the Sehsüchte Film Festival it won the award for Best Documentary.
In 2022 he got selected for IDFA Project Space, an intensive 6-month development programme of the International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam. With coaching of renowned Dutch filmmakers he wrote a new filmplan. Currently he is developing a 55 minute film that he will film in Brazil.
- Year: 2022
- Runtime: 21 minutes
- Country: The Netherlands
- Language: Dutch, Portuguese, English
- Director: Tomas Ponsteen
- Cast: Dayana Pereira De Paula, Pauline Hillen
- Cinematographer: Katja van den Broeke
- Editor: Alex Elsinga
- Music: Mojan Alaiyeh
- Producer: Robijn Boekelman, Myrthe Laarakker, Roosje Vermeulen
- Sound Design: Felicia Koolhoven
- Premiere: North America