In an insular city’s ghetto, in the midst of a trance ritual, a young girl is paralysed by fear. She is afraid her loved ones may be hurt or even disappear. It is then that her grandmother tells her the strange tale of Edwardo, the first one of his kin to have seen and fought death.
Vincent Fontano – Reunionese playwright, actor, reader of James Baldwin – has always been interested in filmmaking. In 2019, he directed his first short film, Blaké, produced by We Film. He won the France Televisions prize. In 2021, he directed his second short film, Sèt Lam, produced by Dobro Films and filmed in Reunion Island, his native land.
- Year: 2022
- Runtime: 23 minutes
- Country: France
- Language: Réunion Creole
- Director: Vincent Fontano
- Cast: FRANÇOISE GUIMBERT, NICOLAS MOUCAZAMBO, NADJANI BULLIN, SIHAME SAÏD OUMA
- Cinematographer: Vadim Alsayed
- Composer: Jako Maron
- Editor: Elodie Fouqueau
- Producer: Martin Mauvoisin
- Screenwriter: Vincent Fontano
- Sound Design: Julien Verstraete
- Premiere: Philadelphia